Establishing a professional online presence conjures up the thought of web designers, lots of money & meetings, conceptualizing and so on but you will be glad to know that it can be done at home, without any website coding knowledge, by setting up a WordPress blog quickly & easily resulting in a professional looking site.
Furthermore setting up a WordPress blog has to be (arguably) the easiest as well as the most effective way of getting your online web presence set up & live quickly & easily.
Not only does the magic WordPress software relieve you of having to code a traditional website with HTML & CSS, but it provides you with so much functionality in terms of optimizing it for search engines, setting up Amazon stores, RSS feeds and so much more.
10 Steps to Set Up a WordPress Blog Quickly & Easily
If you already have a hosting account with a reputable webhost all you need to do is follow these simple steps:
1. Log in to your cPanel account
2. Look for the Fantastico De Luxe icon & click on it
3. Then scroll down the left hand sidebar to Blogs & select WordPress
4. Click on New Installation
5. Leave the empty so that it gets installed in the root domain, ie www.yoursite.com – however if you already have a site up you’ll have to install it into a directory named blog (or whatever you like) so that’s address will be www.yoursite.com/blog/
6. Complete all the other boxes
7. Click Install WordPress
8. After the installation has been successfully completed you will be mailed all your log in information.
9. Log in to the admin area of your blog & scroll down to Appearance & select Themes where you can choose the theme you want – once you have selected your preferred theme just click Activate & that will be your blog’s theme which can be changed at any time.
10. Then go to Settings & select Privacy & change the radio button setting that is normally selected for I would like to block search engines, but allow normal visitors to I would like my site to be visible to everyone, including search engines (like Google, Bing, Technorati) and archivers otherwise your blog won’t get picked up by search engines at all.
Whilst we’re talking about SEO you should also set your Permalinks (under Settings) to Custom Structure -> /%postname%/ so that your URL’s are more search engine friendly which will help considerably in ranking highly in the SERP (Search Engine Results Pages)
Once your blog is live on the net it’s time to start making some money with it.
You can download plugins to install Amazon stores or you can sell digital products from your blog, but whatever it is you do, make sure you get the most out of your professional online presence that you have now set up courtesy of WordPress.